Internship: Grants Writer
Location: San Diego (satellite)
- As a grant writing intern for Lao Hmong Family Association, your primary responsibility will be to assist with the identification of appropriate grantors that meet the mission statements and values of the organization and the execution and submission of grant requests.
- You will research funding opportunities within provided guidelines, initiating contact with foundations and writing grants for eligible funding.
- You will come away with an educational experience in and exposure to the grant writing process.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prospect identification, research, proposal development and writing
- Track and document communications
- Assist with updating and maintaining donor database
- Research potential major donor prospects
- Assist with donor outreach and cultivation
- Part-time Internship: 4-12 hours/week
- Timeframe and Schedule: 9am-5pm with weekend evening meetings, 3 to 12 months
- The internship is unpaid, but there will be opportunities for networking and professional development
Knowledge & Skills :
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, attention to detail, and follow-through skills
- Good technical skills with a proficiency in MS Office
- Opportunity to give back to the Hmong community
- Develop relationships with grant-making community locally and nationally
- Receive letter of recommendation from Lao Hmong Family Association after successful completion of internship
- Internship could be available for credit based on your institution’s guidelines